Family relationships are ties that last a lifetime.
Right now you may feel:
- Frustrated with yourself for not being the parent you think you should be.
- You can see that your family is not handling emotions well, but you’re not sure how to help and what to do differently.
- You or your family members have changed in ways that have created tension and distance in your relationships.
- Your children are entering a new phase of their lives and you’re not sure how to connect with them.
- You feel like everything you say is not making an impact on your children.
“In the last decade or so, science has discovered a tremendous amount about the role emotions play in our lives. Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and abilities to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life, including family relationships.” ~ Dr. John Gottman, Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child
In family therapy you can:
- Create specific actions to take when you’re not sure what to do or say.
- Open up communication to rebuild connections and make emotions safe to talk about.
- Learn to respect other family members’ needs and ways they communicate.
- Feel more confident about handling emotional outbursts and distances.
- Break old habits and create new, healthy ones to be a better coach and parent.